Today, the Founder Institute, the world’s premier pre-seed startup accelerator, is excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for the Johor Bahru 2019 program!
If you could use a structured process and feedback from Johor Bahru’s top entrepreneurs to build a startup, then apply to the Johor Bahru 2019 Founder Institute today.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 180+ cities worldwide, the Founder Institute provides high-potential entrepreneurs and teams with the critical support network and structured process needed to build an enduring company. Since 2009, the program has helped over 3,500 Graduates raise over $800M funding, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more.
” We’ve received a total of 105 applications in our 1st semester, accepted & enrolled 25 of them into the programme. After 14 weeks of working together, 10 high potential founders graduated from the pre-seed accelerator. We’ve seen a few of the startup launched their products / services into the market right after the programme and achieve 5 figures monthly revenue in a very short amount of time. “
Jason Kang, Co-Director, Founder Institute Johor Bahru
To celebrate the launch, the Founder Institute will host several free startup events in Johor Bahru, where you can learn from top entrepreneurs and hear more about the program:
- Female Founder Roundtable: How to Get Ahead in Entrepreneurship
2019-06-27, 06:30 PM
- How to Create an Impactful Company in Johor Bahru
2019-07-04, 06:30 PM
- Startup Networking Mixer: Meet Johor Bahru Entrepreneurs
2019-07-16, 06:30 PM
“We’ve been working very hard curating the top mentors who’re relevant and experienced enough in the local & regional scene for the past year. Now we’re working with about 35 of them, to provide quality mentorship, access to our resources & network, to build a world-class startup from Johor Bahru.”
Ian Chua | Co-Director of Founder Institute Johor Bahru
Since first launching in Singapore in 2011, the Founder Institute has helped build hundreds of top startups in Southeast Asia, including Acudeen, Appota, StartCar, Gridblaze, Indotrading, Vault Dragon, Beeketing, and many more. The Johor Bahru program is led by some of the region’s top startup leaders, including Feng Lim, Heislyc Loh, Ian Chua, Jason Kang.
In addition, some of Johor Bahru’s top entrepreneurs, CEOs, and investors will be participating in the program, providing them with expert training, feedback, and evaluation. The list of mentors for the Johor Bahru Founder Institute includes:
- Adeo Ressi: Founder/CEO, Founder Institute
- Arif Tukiman: Co-founder & CEO, Runcloud
- Bobby Liu: Senior Director, Topica Edtech Group
- Che Fai Yeong: Cofounder & Director, DF Automation
- Cheng Loke Heng: Project Director, Mtech Holdings Sdn Bhd
- Cher Han Lau: Chief Data Scientist , iStream
- Christy Ng: CEO, Christy Ng
- Chun Dong Chau: Partner, Crystal Horse Investments
- Clarence Chew: CMO, Tinkerbox Studios
- Daniel Cerventus: Managing Director, Advanced Real Time Systems
- Eason Chan: Founder, JOHOR NOW
- Eddie Goh: Co-founder, The Fish Club
- Edward Ng Han Foong: Founder & Managing Director, The Merk Group
- Feng Lim: Cofounder, At20s
- Fion Tan: Cofounder & COO, Shapee
- Heislyc Loh: Founder & CEO, Corate
- Ian Chua: Founder & CEO, Hermo
- Irfan Radzi: Deputy CTO, Hermo Creative Sdn Bhd
- James Tan: Managing Partner, QuestVC
- Jamie Mather: CEO, Marketing Mixology Limited
- Jason Kang: Executive Director, KJS Group
- Jee Shen Lee: Founder, Softinn
- Jeffrey Paine: Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures
- Johnson Goh: Founder & CEO, AtticTV Pte. Ltd.
- Johnson Lam: Founder, KakiDIY Dot Com
- Kian Hoe Seah: Managing Director, Heng Hiap Industries
- Lawrence Tan: Cofounder, At20s Holdings Sdn Bhd
- Mc Teng: Co-Founder, SAM Property
- Navin Danapal: SEA Director MOX, SOSV
- Rob Lee: Managing Director, Common Extract
- Sabrina Cheng: SEA Regional Senior Manager, OwlTing
- Sheah Liang Lee: CEO , Infinity 8 创业吧
- Tzu Ming Chu: CEO, www.impersuasion.com
- Zi Kang Tai: Co-Founder & Marketing Lead, OXWHITE / FITGEAR
- And many more to be announced.
The Founder Institute is designed for founders and teams all throughout the pre-seed stage, including aspiring founders with a full-time job, solo founders, teams, and founders of established companies that are pre-funding. The Founder Institute’s mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and create sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
Join us in Johor Bahru to build a great company in 2019.
Early Admission Dateline :
16th June 2019
Late Admission Dateline :
21st July 2019